Wednesday, February 9, 2011

OMG! I Am Now a Contest Addict!


It all started in October last year. I had nothing better to do so I surfed the internet for online contests. I stumbled upon these sites: pinay reviewer, boy-kuripot  and mukhang pera. They featured online contests which I joined with unabashed enthusiasm. I managed to win the following: a Navi Planner,  a Parker pen, and a Harry Potter tote and cap







Then I began to want more. I wanted to win gift certificates from  Shakey’s, Pizza Hut or Yellow Cab. No luck. I wanted to win gadgets and free trips. Again, no luck. Still, I persevere. Hey, who doesn’t  want a freebie?

Lately, I’ve realized that I have become a contest junkie. And being one has a downside.  I spent too much time online, looking for contests. (I’m pathetic, I know. I wonder what my friends would say if they knew this secret life I lead. I never told them that I’ve been joining contests for months now.) Also, these contests make me want things that I don’t really need. I mean, I can live  without a NokiaN8. Do I really need a cap when I have my umbrella?  I’ve stopped rationalizing. I keep telling myself that it’s not really a mortal sin to want the latest gadgets. And then here’s an opportunity to own one (through contests) without spending a single centavo, so why shouldn’t I grab it?

I’m glad that I have a family who tolerates my recent addiction to contests. I’m hoping that this is just a phase, and in time, I’ll be my normal self – one who is contented with her lot and knows what is worthwhile in life.

In the meantime, let me post my contest entries now. J




No comments:

Post a Comment